A parent's guide to UV sterilisers
There’s a wide range of sterilisers on the market. From UV light, steam, boiling water, and chemical disinfectants, all of these sterilisers effectively eradicate harmful germs and bacteria.
In this article, we will explore the world of UV sterilisers and explain why they are our number one choice for maintaining sterile baby bottles and accessories.
What is a UV steriliser?
A UV steriliser is a product that radiates ultraviolet (UV) light to eliminate bacteria, viruses, and moulds. Commonly used in healthcare facilities and laboratories, UV sterilisers have become popular amongst parents due to their convenience and safety. Some of the common types of UV sterilisers include:
- Portable UV sterilisers: These compact portable mini UV sterilisers are perfect to sanitise small items such as pacifiers and are perfect for parents on the go.
- Larger container UV sterilisers: Container UV sterilisers can hold items such as baby bottles, breast pumps, toothbrushes, and small personal items. More often than not, these UV sterilisers also have additional functions such as drying.
- Wand UV sterilisers: These handheld devices resemble a wand or flashlight and are designed to be manually waved over surfaces.
Why use a UV steriliser?
There are many reasons why we love UV sterilisers for cleaning our baby’s bottles and accessories. To name a few:
- Free from chemicals: Unlike other forms of sterilisation, UV sterilisers don’t use harsh chemicals or high water temperatures, making them a safe option for bub and parents. UV sterilisers also
- No residue: Other other common baby bottle steriliser use chemical disinfectants, whereas UV sterilisation leaves no residue behind. This can be particularly beneficial for sterilising items such as baby bottles or utensils that come into direct contact with food or beverages.
- Convenience: UV sterilisation is generally a quick process. It does not require prolonged soaking or waiting time, making it convenient for busy parents who need quick sterilisation.
- UV sterilisers can also be used on a wide range of items, including baby bottles, pacifiers, toys, toothbrushes, kitchen utensils, and more.
What are the best UV sterilisers on the market?
We’ve gathered our customer feedback and put together our top two UV sterilisers. Both have their own unique benefits and features:
Portable Mini UV Steriliser
No more relying on cafes for boiling water or rushing to the store for a spare pacifier. This portable mini UV steriliser has you covered. Shop Portable Mini UV Steriliser.
Customer Review: “Perfect For Out And About
I received the portable mini steriliser and this little machine is awesome to have in the baby bag. It is perfect for when the little one throws his dummy to the ground which I can then rinse off with water and re-sterilise with the portable steriliser.”
2-in-1 UV Steriliser & Dryer
This compact and sleek UV steriliser combines the function of drying and sterilising in an efficient manner. Shop 2-in-1 UV Steriliser & Dryer.
Customer Review: “ Amazing Product!!!
This steriliser has been the best! My son is on soy formula and the UV steriliser has been the most efficient in ensuring there is no yucky yellow residue or smell left in the bottle. I also love that it’s completely dry after a cycle, not like steam sterilisers that just seem yuck from the water residue still in the bottle.”
When choosing a UV steriliser, it's important to consider your individual requirements and select the most suitable steriliser for your needs. Trusted by healthcare professionals and now available in your home.