If you are here looking for Maternity pads and disposable pants then that must mean it's almost time to meet your little one! Get Excited!
When it's time to prepare your hospital bag and get ready for those initial days and weeks with your new baby, postpartum underwear and maternity pads are your trusted companions. New mums, we've got you covered!
No matter the type of delivery you have, maternity pads are a postpartum must-have. After your baby's birth, you'll experience bleeding from your uterus (mostly from where the placenta was attached). While it's typically heavy for about a week to 10 days, it can last up to six weeks. Our postpartum pads are longer than regular period pads for better protection. The bamboo inner core is breathable and super absorbent, ensuring your comfort and confidence.
But that's not all – postpartum disposable underwear is a game-changer, not just during your hospital stay but in those early post-birth weeks too. The best disposable underwear after delivery is comfy, gentle on sensitive areas, and lets your skin breathe. And guess what? New Beginnings' postpartum underwear checks all those boxes.
Crafted to securely hold your pad in place, our reusable mesh underwear is made from hygienic, high-stretch fabric, allowing unrestricted airflow. This aids in the healing process, giving scars and delicate skin the breathing space they need. They're even gentle enough for C-section mums. Plus, our soft and comfy disposable maternity underwear can be washed and reused up to 20 times, giving you the best value for your money. We're here to make your post-birth journey as comfortable and confident as possible!
FAQ's About Maternity Pads
What are maternity pads and when should I start using them?
Maternity pads, also known as postpartum pads, are specialised absorbent pads designed for mums to use after giving birth. They are specifically intended to manage the heavy bleeding that occurs in the days and weeks following childbirth. Maternity pads are longer, thicker, and more absorbent than regular menstrual pads to accommodate the significant amount of postpartum bleeding.
Mums should start using maternity pads immediately after giving birth, regardless of whether it was a vaginal birth or a cesarean section. In a vaginal birth, the bleeding can be quite heavy initially, and using maternity pads will help mums manage it effectively. In a cesarean section, mums will still experience postpartum bleeding as their body expels the uterine lining, and maternity pads will help keep them comfortable and dry.
How often should I change maternity pads?
It's recommended to change maternity pads every 2-4 hours or as needed to maintain cleanliness and prevent discomfort.
Are maternity pads different from regular pads?
Yes, maternity pads are more absorbent, longer, wider, and thicker than regular pads to accommodate the heavy postpartum bleeding. Maternity pads are made from softer and more comfortable materials to prevent irritation on sensitive postpartum skin. Maternity pads have a specific shape and contour to fit the body comfortably, especially around the abdominal area.
When should I start wearing maternity underwear?
The timing for starting to wear maternity underwear can vary depending on your comfort level, how your body changes during pregnancy, and your personal preferences. Here are some general guidelines to help you decide when to start wearing maternity underwear:
1. First Trimester: Some women find that their regular underwear starts feeling tight or uncomfortable during the early stages of pregnancy due to bloating and changes in their body. If you're experiencing discomfort, you might choose to start wearing maternity underwear even in the first trimester.
2. Second Trimester: Many women begin to notice significant changes in their belly size and shape during the second trimester. This is a common time to transition to maternity underwear, especially if you find that your regular underwear no longer fits comfortably over your growing belly.
3. When Regular Underwear Becomes Uncomfortable: The most important factor is your comfort. If your regular underwear is causing discomfort or digging into your skin due to your growing belly, it's a good indication that it's time to switch to maternity underwear.
4. When Your Regular Underwear No Longer Fits: As your pregnancy progresses, your body will continue to change. If you find that your regular underwear is becoming too tight, especially around the waistband, it's a sign that it's time to consider maternity underwear.
5. Personal Comfort: Some women prefer to switch to maternity underwear as soon as they start noticing changes in their body, while others may wait until later in pregnancy when their belly is more prominent.
Are there other maternity underwear options?
Yes, rather than wearing maternity pads, some new mums prefer to use postpartum underwear. Similar to maternity pads, postpartum underwear are used to help maintain hygiene and minimise the risk of infection after labour.
Maternity pads vs period pads - what’s the difference?
Post birth maternity pads are longer, thicker, and much more absorbent than regular period pads. They are designed to handle the discharge of the heavy bleeding that will appear after giving birth, and also are made from a softer material to keep from irritating your stitches and making you feel comfortable and dry all day long.